Wednesday 20 April 2011

Weight Loss - yeah right!

Apologies if this offends.......

I read a glossy magazine today and I wish I hadn't. The amount of pages dedicated to losing weight, being the perfect size 8 and celebrities saying they hate their bodies and their size really gets to me.

Firstly, boo hoo! I know that's harsh but I'm really fed up with this stereotype that all women should be thin and lean and not a wrinkle or crinkle in sight. Being pressured into selecting a diet that works, which lets face it, when it comes down to it, no real food is involved! Then there's the exercise regime. Please! Who has enough time during the day to run 80 odd miles a blummin' day?! I certainly don't besides, I don't have the energy to put the trainers on! Don't get me wrong, I'm not against all this per say, in fact if truth be told, I'm rather jealous of the size 8 figure and the perfect skin and gorgeous clothes that don't show the lumps and bumps but in the real world CFS/ME sufferers don't have this type of luxury.

Another issue that's got me a little riled up is Victoria Beckham. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased for her that she's finally getting the little girl she's always wanted and I'm only going by what the tabloids and magazines are saying but the latest crisis in her life is that she says she looks hideous being pregnant, (worried that Kate Middleton is going to outshine her at the Royal Wedding!!!!!) and she's worried she's not going to lose the baby weight after the bambino is born. This is a regular thing with pregnant celebs but its also a concern for us 'normal' women but in my case, (and I'm sure I'm not the only one here) I became ill after having my son.

I put on five stone during my pregnancy and shortly after my son was born I was diagnosed. Therefore, the exercise and loosing the baby weight isn't an option! I feel and look hideous the size I am, I've never been this big and its killing me being trapped in my body at the moment. Not only is it failing, its expanding. I've tried slimming tablets, cutting out carbs and cutting back on chocolate and calorie rich foods but I'm still eating food and not exercising at the end of the day. I'm putting the calories on and not burning them off. My son is now 15 months old and honestly, I still look six months pregnant. In fact, a woman commented on me having another baby so soon after having my son! 

So please VB and other pregnant celebs worried about shredding the baby weight, please stop and think about the people who have been blessed with their babies but are tormented being trapped in bodies that don't work properly and are getting too heavy to carry around. In fact, the heavier I am, the tireder I become.

I want my body back.

No comments:

Post a Comment